We celebrate ten Get Some Introducing features with a bootleg of Sadie Ama‘s ‘Fallin’ by Get Some affiliate Pedro123. This guy comes with a fresh re-work of the vocal, giving it more-energy and a funky/garage rhythm. Watch out for forthcoming Get Some material from Pedro123, his tune ‘Slush’ will drop later this year and has picked up the support of some big names, including many from the ClekClekBoom crew. Stream his Boomcast with French Fries here, see the interview, and grab the tune at the bottom.
- Ben, we know you well of course, but for our readers who don’t, please introduce yourself.
My name’s Ben, I’m 18, I’m from South East London, and I make dance music under the name Pedro 123.
- Have you always made a similar style of music to what you make now?
Not particularly. I started off making edits of other people’s tracks, and the first proper tracks I produced were UK Funky and Dubstep.
- Your debut 12″ is coming out on Get Some with a M.I.K vocal and Checan remix. This must be an exciting time for a young producer!
Definitely! Having a physical release has always been something I’ve aimed for, and I’m glad it’s backed up by a really strong remix and vocal.
- You’ve been shown lot of support by the ClekClekBoom crew – inviting you to play in Paris and supporting your tracks. How did this relationship come about and how important has it been for you so far?
It’s been great- I met a few of them the first time I played in Paris at the B.YRSLF night at Social Club (bigup Crabbe & Daryl!). I’ve got nothing but love for them, their party at Le Batofar I played at was one of the craziest parties I’ve been to, and they’re all mad talented DJs and producers in their own right.
- Your favourite grime instrumental, and favourite vocal of the year so far?
My favourite instrumental would either have to be Darq E Freaker – Hades or Bloom- Quartz. My favourite vocal so far this year has to be Wiley‘s Step 1 freestyle, closely followed by Rival‘s ‘Headshot Season Remix’.
- How do you see the strength of the grime scene currently? What would you like to see change?
I think the grime scene is the strongest it’s been for a while! I really rate a lot of MCs around at the moment, the only thing I’d like to see change is the beat selection of some MCs. I think there’s a lot of room for experimentation from MCs working with different beats which isn’t really being explored at the moment. Also I’m holding out for a return of female vocals in grime!
- A couple of producers to keep an eye on this year?
Bloom, Samename, Checan, Stuff, Lemzy Dale are a few worth keeping an eye out for.
- And a word on the bootleg you’ve given us? What made you want to re-work this particular track?
I’ve been playing around a lot lately with some ideas for R’n'G style tracks, and had been experimenting with the vocals from this for quite a while. I’ve loved the original for a long time, but thought I’d have a go at doing my own twist on it. Watch out for some more R’n'G-style bits from me coming soon, there’s a couple in the pipeline!
- And finally, please complete the following sentence: Get Some…
£2 macaroni cheese from Tesco, it will change your life I promise!